Scarpa Phantom 8000 Thermic HD
The Scarpa Phantom 8000 Thermic HD is the first high-altitude mountaineering boot to include rechargeable heated insoles. Designed in conjunction with Nirmal Purja for 8000-metre peaks and arctic expeditions, THERM-IC Thermal Transfer Technology provides a boost of warmth in sub-zero temperatures. Simply hit the power buttons to warm your feet when you feel frostbite nipping at your toes.
Aside from this new heating technology, every other feature of this B3 mountain boot is designed to keep your feet as warm and dry as possible in the world's harshest environments. Waterproof YKK® zips make this the only 100% waterproof mountaineering boot. WinTherm technology in the inner boot reflects heat and regulates temperature, preventing undercooling and overheating (i.e. sweating). And the combination of Carbon Tech III SL, Aerogel – an impenetrable thermal barrier developed by NASA – and 5 mm cork minimise heat loss through the sole.
All of this makes the Scarpa Phantom 8000 Thermic HD excel in the coldest places on Earth. Combining these unique features with its one-of-a-kind heating technology, you have a mountaineering boot that stays warm and dry and gives you an extra boost of warmth when your feet are in danger of becoming – or have become – extremely cold and unresponsive.
PLEASE NOTE: Upon receiving your pre-order, we will order these boots from our supplier and post them to you as soon as we receive the delivery. We expect these boots to become available at the beginning of November. In the meantime, please contact us if you have any other questions.
- THERM-IC Thermal Transfer Technology comes with two power banks (5000 mAh and 10000 mAh), a connector, a charging cable, and one pair of heated footbeds.
- PrimaLoft® Gold Eco Insulation traps heat and breathes like down but, unlike down, insulates even when wet to keep you warm in extreme environments.
- An HDry® waterproof-breathable membrane is laminated to the upper, eliminating the space where traditional membranes allow water ingress to keep you drier and warmer.
- Ecorepel® Bio Schoeller® gaiter is a textile weave that mimics the water-repellent structure of plants, creating permanent water-repellency that never needs to be refreshed with chemical DWR treatments.
- WinTherm technology reflects heat whilst regulating temperature.
- Carbon Tech III SL, Aerogel (an impenetrable thermal barrier developed by NASA), and a 5 mm cork midsole trap heat.
- Waterproof YKK® zips preventing snow, ice, and water from entering through the zips.
- Sock-fit XT tongue combined with the new fast lock lace system and fast strap closure makes it even easier to get a close, precise fit, with no pressure points over the foot.
- RECCO® Reflector bounces back search-and-rescue signals, making you easier to find in an avalanche, whiteout, or other emergency.
- The inner boot can be used as a warm basecamp slipper.
- Gaiter: Ecorepel® Bio Schoeller® + PrimaLoft® Gold Eco Insulation + PU TEK Technology + HDry® Membrane + YKK® Waterproof Zips
- Boot: Microfibre + WinTherm + THL5 (Cork+EVA) + PVC
- Outsole: Vibram® Zero Gravity Lite / Newflex + Vision
- Insole: Carbon Fibre Tech III SL+ EVA + Aerogel®
- Midsole: Microporous EVA midsole for lightweight shock-absorption
- Rubber Insert: Vision Rubber toe insert by Davos®
- Insulation: PrimaLoft® Gold Eco insulation (55% recycled materials)
- Last: HAR8
- Rand: Full
- Weight: 1450 g / 3 lbs 3.1oz (1/2 pair, size 42 EU, with liner)
- Crampon Compatibility: Automatic / C3, Semi-Automatic / C2 (Automatic / C3 is recommended for this boot's stiffness)
Fit: Upsize (1/2+ sizes) depending on the desired fit.